Sunday, April 8, 2018

Modern Holiday Quilt Collection - I Heart You Quilt


Today's spotlight is on my Valentine quilt, I Heart You!
First of all, this quilt comes together FAST! You could easily finish this in a day or two. Not to get too cheesy, but originally I was going to name this quilt "Speak Love." The world today can feel so dark and heavy at times that I think spreading love whether through your words or actions is more important than ever before. Because this is technically a Valentine quilt, I went with something a little lighter and named it "I Heart You" instead. The speech bubbles with the hearts also make me think of conversations or cards/texts you might get from a loved one on Valentine's Day. The ones that make you smile real big and feel so loved inside. I wanted to make a quilty-version of that feeling. 


Meghan and I also are doing casual sew-alongs for each quilt for the Modern Holiday Quilt Collection over the next nine months (The first sew-along, Starry Skies, starts 4/23 so get ready!). I am really excited about the I Heart You sew-along in particular (right behind The Ghost Quilt 😍😍😍) Right now, my plan is to do a blue-green floral background with white speech bubbles and coral, pink, and peach hearts...In my head, it's going to look super cute. Hope I can make it just as cute in real life!

Fabric Bubb is selling bundles in the Kona Solids we used for each quilt too! You can find those bundles HERE.

Our tops were all quilted by the super sweet and talented, Kaitlyn from Knot & Thread! We may or may not be giving gift certificates for Kaitlyn's longarm services as prizes during each sew-along too! More info about that coming soon!

We hope you love these quilts as much as we do and have the most fun making them! 💗 We currently have the entire collection and bundle discounted in our shops until midnight tonight! The bundle especially is an awesome deal right now. Three patterns for the price of four! Woot-woot! Take advantage of it while you can!






5 comments: